Roasted Chicken Thighs with Veggies is one of my go-to dishes on busy weeknights. I can put everything in the oven and get household chores done while it cooks (I know we all need more time for that). I also love this recipe because it has simple ingredients that are flavorful and, most importantly, inexpensive!
I know a lot of people prefer chicken breasts over chicken thighs (I think the bones scare some people). You don’t have to use chicken thighs with this recipe, but I think it is a great way to change up your dinners. Chicken thighs are also flavorful, juicy and tender. I encourage you to give them a try if you haven’t tried them recently. They’re good for your wallet and your tummy!
There is something so satisfying about crisping up the skins on the chicken thighs… Yum! I love it and I know you will too! As always, when you try out this recipe let me know what you think by taking a picture and tagging Sweet Pea Living on Facebook and Instagram!
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Veggies
- 6-8 chicken thighs, bone in (optional) and skin on
- 1 sweet potato, skinned
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, raw
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix minced garlic, EVOO, and vegetables in oven-safe and non-stick pan.
- Place vegetable pan in oven and set timer for 15 minutes.
- Spice the skin-side of the chicken thighs generously with garlic salt.
- Place chicken thighs in cast iron skillet (or oven-safe skillet) with the skin-sides face down. Turn heat on high and cook until skins of the chicken are crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Mix vegetables after 15 minutes and return to oven.
- Flip chicken thighs in cast iron skillet and move to oven. Set timer for 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take chicken out and cover with aluminum foil. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. After 5 minutes, take vegetables out.
- Serve chicken on top of vegetables and enjoy!
Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes