Very few things beat a steaming bowl of Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry. The juicy chicken, tender vegetables and tangy Asian sauce are the perfect remedy for a hungry tummy. I keep this recipe simple to avoid taking away from the basic ingredients too much. If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal, you’ve come to the right place!
My favorite part of this dish are the assorted and delicious mixed vegetables. The broccoli, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, water chestnuts, and sweet snap peas provide a wide range of color and flavor that round out the dish perfectly. For the sauce, I like to mix Coconut Secret’s Coconut Aminos with a little bit of grated ginger. It’s simple, but flavorful, and doesn’t overwhelm the meal’s natural ingredients.
Most stir fry sauces have sugar, soy products, and artificial coloring as ingredients, which prevent them from being Whole30 compliant. While many Asian sauces bought off the shelf are delicious, I try not to buy them because I’d like to keep as much sugar out of our meals as possible. Instead, coconut aminos is a great alternative to these sauces and it gives each dish a ton of flavor! The aminos we buy are gluten free, dairy free, soy free and vegan. You can’t feel guilty about that!
This meal is quick, clean, simple, and delicious! What more could you ask for in a dinner? As always, when you try out this recipe let me know what you think by taking a picture and tagging Sweet Pea Living on Facebook and Instagram! I can’t wait to see how much you enjoy it.
Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound chicken breasts, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups, broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 8-oz can sliced water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- ½ tablespoon ginger, grated
- Sriracha sauce
- Heat wok (or other large pan) with EVOO and minced garlic for about 1 minute.
- Cook diced chicken over medium-high heat until outsides are slightly browned.
- Mix in red onion, bell peppers, and broccoli. Cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Mix in snap peas and water chestnuts.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes