Buffalo chicken has always been one of my favorite foods. Over the years, it has taken a lot of self-restraint to prevent myself from ordering fried buffalo chicken sandwiches whenever we eat out… Everyone has their weaknesses, right? Thankfully for me, this dish is a guilt-free solution to my cravings. Hopefully you will agree!
The key to a good lettuce wrap is (not surprisingly) a good lettuce. I’ve experimented a lot with this and found that butter lettuce is the best. We buy the trio butter lettuce pack from Costco for this dish. It keeps fresh in the fridge for several days and does not disappoint in crunch or flavor! I know that this lettuce can be a little pricey, but it is worth the extra pennies–trust me!
I love to make this meal when I’m feeling lazy on the weekends. It is effortless to cook the chicken and so easy to assemble dinner without a lot of prep or dishes. And do you really want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen on your day off? I didn’t think so.
These Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are definitely worth a try! I highly encourage you to make this dish and let me know what you think by taking a picture and tagging Sweet Pea Living on Facebook and Instagram!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce (add more or less based on preferences)
- 1 head butter lettuce
- green onions, sliced
- ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Cook for two hours on high, flipping chicken after 1 hour.
- After two hours, shred chicken. Cover in Frank’s hot wing sauce and mix well.
- Serve on butter lettuce. Garnish with green onions and preferred dressing. Enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 120 minutes
Total Time: 125 minutes