This is the second pot roast recipe that I have posted. The first recipe was neither as good nor as easy as it could have been. As I’ve developed my recipes, I have realized I care more about how easy they are to make than I do about how the pictures turn out. I want everyone to make these dishes without confusion or frustration. So, here it is! An easy and effortless Slow Cooker Pot Roast dish.
If you haven’t seen a modern slow-cooker recently (I’m sure many of you haven’t), this is our Cuisinart Multi-Cooker that I use for all our slow-cooker needs. It can brown, saute, steam and slow cook meals at the press of a button. I also love it because it has a nonstick aluminum pot with Teflon coating, which makes my life so much easier when I am doing the dishes or cooking a multi-step meal. For this recipe, I browned the roast in the multi-cooker before adding the vegetables and broth. If you don’t have an appliance like mine, you can also brown the roast in a separate pan on the stove and get the same results!
I love how versatile pot roasts are. I added celery, russet potatoes, portobello mushrooms, garlic, carrots, and onion. You can also replace any of these ingredients, or add new ones, based on your personal preferences. Regardless of the veggies you use, this dish is both easy and delicious!
I made this dinner on one of my days off of work. After I set to cleaning our house, I found that this dinner was easy to prep, set, and “let be” for the day. It also didn’t hurt to smell this roast as I completed chores throughout the day. By the time it was dinner, I couldn’t wait to dig into this meal, and I wasn’t disappointed!
Well, what are you waiting for?! Get started on this pot roast because it is too good to pass up. As always, let me know if you make this dish (and what you think) by taking a picture and tagging Sweet Pea Living on Facebook and Instagram! I really appreciate all your support!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 4 pound roast chuck
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 4 russet potatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 cups portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into eighths
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 cups beef broth
- horseradish sauce
- In a large skillet, brown outside of roast chuck for 5 minutes on each side.
- Set roast chuck in the bottom of a slow cooker. Set celery, potatoes, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, and onion on top of roast chuck. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Then, add beef broth.
- Cook on high for 5 hours, or until beef is tender. Serve with horseradish sauce and/or parsley. Enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours and 10 minutes