My brother Matthew has been asking for a pork chop recipe since February. I just couldn’t bring myself to grill in the cold weather, so I put it off for a few months. Thankfully, the recent spring air in Chicago put me in the grilling mood and I finally found the motivation to make these delightful Cilantro and Lime Grilled Pork Chops!
I wanted to keep these pork chops light and springy, so I marinated them in a zesty lime sauce. The flavors of the chicken stock, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, cilantro, and red pepper flakes were a perfect combination that helped make the meat tender and zippy. These ingredients provided great flavor for the meal and really channeled what makes spring weather so great.
To be honest, I’m not much of a “grill master.” My wonderful husband always works the grill when needed, but I thought it was time to learn how. So… I strongly suggested he teach me the ropes for grilling and (even though I was a little nervous) I am so happy that I did! It’s great to learn new skills and now I feel comfortable working the grillーeven when my husband isn’t home!
Who said pork chops can’t be beautiful, too? Look at those! I’m in love with this recipe and I’m sure you will be too. As always, if you make this dish let me know what you think by taking a picture and tagging Sweet Pea Living on Facebook and Instagram! This is the perfect warm weather dinner to get you in the springtime mood!
Cilantro and Lime Grilled Pork Chops
- 2 ½ pounds bone-in pork loin chops (about 4-5 pork chops)
- salt and pepper, as needed
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Season pork chops lightly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Combine pork chops, EVOO, chicken stock, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, cilantro, and red pepper flakes in a large resealable plastic bag. Let rest in the fridge for at least one hour, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cook pork chops for 4-5 minutes on each side. Let rest for 2-3 minutes after cooking.
- Serve pork chops with your favorite vegetable. Enjoy!
Servings: 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes