This Bacon and Arugula Pesto Chicken is one of my favorite recreations. I based it off of one of my favorite recipes from The Cheesecake Factory: Chicken Bellagio. My mom’s version of this dish is amazing and recently I was craving its nutty arugula and pesto combination. I decided to try creating a healthier version for all of you!
I used zucchini noodles for this recipe because they have a lovely thickness that reminds me of spaghettini pasta. You can also make this dish with spaghetti squash and it would be equally as tasty, though! I would suggest using whatever is easiest for you.
To help cut back on dirty dishes (my least favorite thing about cooking), I made each layer of this dish separately in the same pan, and then created our plates as they cooked. First, I made the zucchini noodles with pesto. Next I topped the zoodles with fresh baby arugula and the cooked bacon. Lastly, I cooked the diced chicken and added it on top! Yum!
This recipe hits all the spots: Salty, nutty, zesty and SO, SO good.Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think by taking a picture and tagging Sweet Pea Living on Facebook and Instagram! I can’t wait to see how yours turns out!
Bacon and Arugula Pesto Chicken
- 4-5 zucchinis
- 1 6.35-ounce jar basil pesto
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- lemon juice
- Goat or Parmesan cheese
- Use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles.
- Add zoodles to nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until tender. Add pesto sauce and heat throughout (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Heat the bacon slices over medium-high heat in nonstick skillet until crispy. Remove from heat after fully cooked and set on a paper towel to remove grease.
- Add crushed garlic to bacon grease. Heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken to nonstick skillet and use medium-high heat to fully cook.
- To plate, layer the bottom of your plate with zoodles. Place baby arugula leaves on top of zoodles with bacon. Top with diced chicken.
- Garnish with lemon juice and/or cheese. Enjoy!
Servings: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes