Imagine you just got home after an exhausting day at work. You throw down your keys, coat, and bag with a sigh. Suddenly, your senses kick in and you smell a sweet, tangy aroma coming from your slow cooker. Thankfully, dinner has been cooking for you all day! Doesn’t that sound nice? This meal’s rich, savory, and pungent Korean flavors are the perfect cure for a tired soul and will give you the break you need. Treat yourself this week!
In order to make this dinner, I prepped the beef chuck roast in my slow cooker the night before. After cooking for 7-8 hours the next day, I quickly threw in some arrowroot powder (to help thicken the sauce) and frozen broccoli. Lastly, I whipped up the carrot noodles. They only take a few minutes to prep and cook, so the broccoli was perfectly cooked by the time I finished!
Now, the jury is still out on who came up with the idea for these carrot noodles. My husband claims that they were his creation, but I’m pretty sure that I was the brains behind these beautiful ribbons… Regardless of whose idea it was, we both love them. Their flavor and texture was the perfect addition to this meal and I am sure that you will agree with both of us!
Alright, no more excuses. You can easily make this dinner and enjoy a healthy, low-carb meal this week! I promise that it won’t disappoint. Let me know what you think by taking a picture and tagging Sweet Pea living on Facebook and Instagram!
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ½ cup liquid aminos
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (optional, we use Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- ½ tablespoon ghee or butter
- 4 large carrots
- sesame seeds
- green onion, thinly sliced
- Add beef chuck roast cubes, beef broth, liquid aminos, coconut sugar, minced garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, Sriracha, chili paste, and onion powder to slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, add arrowroot powder and frozen broccoli to slow cooker and mix well. Cover.
- Peel carrots. Then, set carrots on a cutting board and use a vegetable peeler to peel along the length of the carrot. Repeat the process, rotating the carrot as necessary, until it is too thin to peel.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat butter and carrot ribbons over medium-high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until carrots are slightly softened.
- Serve ribboned carrots with beef and broccoli mixture on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and/or green onion and enjoy!
Servings: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
Total Time: 4-8 hours