While delicious, meatloaf is one of those dishes that I have a tough time getting excited about. I not only find the idea of a large block of meat unappealing, but the cook time is annoyingly long. Thankfully, I discovered (through various sources) that I can make meatloaf muffins instead! They’re not only cute, they are also delightful!
For the little loaves, I mixed together ground pork, ground turkey, almond flour, minced green onions, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, and an egg. Sounds simple enough, right? We do not need many spices with the meat because the Chimichurri sauce will be the star of this dish. Trust me, these will be packed with flavor!
Once fully mixed, I used my hands to scoop the meat into twelve sections of a non-stick muffin tin. You can fill these up as fully as you’d like your mini-meatloaves to be. I made mine a bit smaller because I needed them to cook quickly. If you have time to let them bake, fill them up!
While the meatloaves baked, I whisked together my chimichurri sauce. Argentinian chimichurri sauce is an uncooked dressing typically served with grilled meat. It is made with finely-chopped parsley, minced garlic, vegetable oil, oregano, and white vinegar. I love this sauce because it tastes wickedly good, but is actually a really fresh and simple blend of ingredients!
However, I wanted to make the sauce Whole30 approved, so a few changes had to be made. For starters, I replaced the vegetable oil with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I also added red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and coconut sugar for additional flavor. Yum! This sauce is so zippy and delightful. I can’t wait for you to try it.
Alright, are you ready for these? I think you are! As always, let me know how your version of this recipe turns out by taking a picture and tagging Sweet Pea Living on Facebook and Instagram! You’re going to love them. Like really.
Chimichurri Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 green onions minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup curly leaf parsley minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- goat cheese
- feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, ground turkey, almond flour, green onions, garlic, salt, black pepper, and egg.
- Using a spoon, separate mixture evenly into a 12-cup non-stick muffin pan. Fill each cup with a 1.5-2 inch meatball. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Top meatloaves with goat cheese or feta cheese (optional) and sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!
Servings: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes